Emergency Food Assistance

  • Dial 2-1-1, toll free.

211info connects people with basic needs – food, shelter, bills (Monday - Friday, 8 am - 6 pm).

Oregon Food Bank (OFB) is a network of 915 hunger-relief agencies. Call (503) 282-0555 to find emergency food boxes and meal sites near you.

  • Apply for SNAP (food stamps)

You don't need to be unemployed or on other assistance programs to qualify. Even if you or someone in your household is working, you may still be eligible. Questions? Call 211 (211info).

  1. Apply online, download and print the application or get a copy at any DHS office.
  2. Fill in the information.
  3. Turn it in at your local DHS office.

More about applying for SNAP

  • Other Assistance

Child Meal Programs

School-age children and teens in Oregon can participate in a variety of meal programs through their schools and local parks. Call 211 (211info) for programs in your area.

Oregon Department of Human Services

(DHS) administers a variety of programs including Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), the Oregon Health Plan (OHP) and others.

Please note that Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon does not administer these programs.