Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon’s Hunger-Free Leadership Institute is now seeking applicants for its 2017-2018 Cohort!
H-FLI is an eight-month training program that works to end hunger in Oregon by building, strengthening, and supporting community leaders! Participants will:
- Learn about hunger in Oregon
- Build stronger relationships in their community
- Develop their personal narrative to move others to action
- Engage with the Oregon Legislature through political advocacy
- Have opportunities to network with anti-hunger professionals
We are looking for three people (ages 16+) based in Ontario, OR area (Nyssa, Vale, et al) and nine from the Portland metro area who are good at building relationships, interested in learning new things, and passionate about ending hunger in their community and in Oregon. We are especially seeking the leadership of experts in lived experience of hunger or poverty whose voices are underrepresented in the anti-hunger movement.
This year’s program will take place October 15, 2017 through May 19, 2018. Meals and and childcare will be provided at all trainings. Transportation and lodging will be provided when trainings take place outside of a one-hour drive from home. Stipends of up to $1,000 will be available to Fellows at an income-based sliding scale.