We are pleased to announce the winners of 2017 November School Breakfast Challenge. Thank you and congratulations to the 81 schools that participated and for your dedication to meeting the nutritional needs of thousands of Oregon students.
Together, Breakfast Challenge schools achieved big results:
- 10,775 kids ate breakfast each day in November
- 14 percent increase from 2016, that's over 1,300 more kids connected
- 63 percent of schools boosted their breakfast numbers
Special congratulations to our winning schools! By offering breakfast in the classroom, second chance breakfast, and killer breakfast menus, these schools showed the greatest expansion from last school year. Collectively, they made sure that 400 more students will start the day ready to learn. Check out our 2017 NSBC Highlights Report.
- 1st PLACE - McNary Heights Elementary, Umatilla School District
- 2nd PLACE - Baker Middle, Baker School District
- 3rd PLACE - Fullerton IV Elementary, Roseburg School District
- 4th PLACE - Lake Creek Learning Center, Jackson County School District
Every school day, over 410,000 school breakfasts and lunches are served in Oregon, that’s no small feat. We value and recognize school nutrition professionals and aim to support them in connecting more families to these important nutrition programs.
The November School Breakfast Challenge is an effort by Let's Do Breakfast, Oregon!, a partnership between Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon, Oregon Dairy and Nutrition Council, and Oregon Department of Education Child Nutrition Programs. Learn more or please contact us for ideas and resources to increase school breakfast participation at your school.