Get Food Assistance





Dial 211, toll free

211info connects people with basic needs – food, shelter, bills (Monday - Friday, 8 am - 6 pm). Diall 211, text your zip code to 898211, or email [email protected].






Apply for SNAP (food stamps)

You don't need to be unemployed or on other assistance programs to qualify. Even if you or someone in your household is working, you may still be eligible. Questions? Call 211 (211info).

  1. Apply online, download and print the application or get a copy at any Department of Human Services (DHS) office.
  2. Fill in the information.
  3. Turn it in at your local DHS office.

More about applying for SNAP

Find a food bank

Oregon Food Bank (OFB) is a network of approximately 970 hunger-relief agencies. Call (503) 282-0555 to find emergency food boxes and meal sites near you.

Other Resources

Child Meal Programs

School-age children and teens in Oregon can participate in a variety of meal programs through their schools and local parks. Call 211 (211info) for programs in your area.

Oregon Department of Human Services

Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS) offers help through Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), the Oregon Health Plan (OHP) and other programs.

Please note that Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon does not administer these programs.